Tuesday March 18, 2008
The sudden sunshine break through yesterday came just in time to rescue me from the doldrums. And, bless its fiery cotton socks, it’s shining again today.
I shall not drop everything and run out again today, though. Not that I had much choice yesterday. There I was, fingers poised over the keyboard, when Graham came bounding in full of determination that we should get out of the house, NOW!, to take advantage.
I didn’t mind. It was a day filled with sunshine and daffodils, and not to be wasted. I’ll be out and about today, too, but without such a great fuss and determination.
And yet, as if on some cruel schedule, they’re forecasting snow and sleet for the weekend, just in time for Easter.
Selfish as it may be, it seems a tad unfair that the great economic plop! should come along just as we put our house on the market. It’s too early in the day to forecast what the impact will be on us but I think we’d be best advised to expect a long, long wait. We’ll simply have to keep our eye on the market and see what we shall see.
If we’re in for a long wait I think I shall pick up one of my old pastimes, and I can see Graham deciding to go out and get another job. At least he’s dead set against bar work or anything else that requires anti-social hours.